Are you dreading your next first date? Do you find yourself getting anxious just thinking about all the things that could go wrong?
If so, you’re not alone. Many people feel the same way. After all, a first date is a big deal. It’s an opportunity to get to know someone new and potentially find love. It’s also a time when you’re under a lot of pressure to make a good impression.
Fortunately, contrary to popular belief, a first date doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, there are many easy things you can do to make it simple and stress-free. Here are 10 easy things to do on a simple first date:
- Meet for coffee. Coffee dates are low-key, relaxed, and easy to do. Plus, there’s no need to dress up or worry about what to do afterward. You can simply walk away when you’re done. You can also talk about anything and everything over coffee. All you need to do is put your phone down so you’re not distracted.
- Go for a walk. A walk is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise while also getting to know each other. You can chat and enjoy the scenery at the same time. When you’re done, you can go your separate ways or grab a drink or bite to eat. Plus, it’s a great way to get rid of any first-date nerves.
- Visit a museum. Museums are great places to learn about each other’s interests and get to know each other on a deeper level. Plus, they’re usually free or very cheap to visit. Just make sure you don’t spend the whole time in silence. Use the opportunity to ask each other questions and find out more about each other.
- Play tourist. If you live in a city, pretend you’re tourists for the day. Go sightseeing, visit tourist attractions, and take photos together. It’s a fun way to spend the day and it’ll give you plenty to talk about afterward. You can also do this in your own town or city if you’re both from the same area.
- Make it a double date. A double date can take the pressure off of a first date and make it more fun. Plus, you’ll get to know two people at once. Just make sure you choose friends whom you’re both compatible with.
- Have a picnic. Picnics are romantic, simple, and cheap. Plus, they’re a great way to get outside and enjoy the weather. All you need is some food, drinks, and a blanket. You can even make it more fun by playing games or telling each other stories. It’s the perfect way to spend a summer afternoon.
- Go stargazing. Stargazing is a romantic and unforgettable experience. Plus, it’s a great way to bond over your shared love of the night sky. All you need is a clear night and a spot to lay down. Don’t forget to bring a blanket and some snacks. This is one date you’ll never forget.
- Go to a comedy show. Laughter is the best medicine, so why not use it to ease first-date nerves? A comedy show is a perfect way to relax and have fun. Just make sure you choose one that’s appropriate for both of you. You don’t want to offend each other with your sense of humor.
- Volunteer together. Volunteering is a great way to give back and it’s also a great way to get to know each other. You can bond over your shared love of helping others and you’ll have plenty to talk about afterward. This will show the other person your compassionate side.
- Cook dinner together. Cooking dinner together is a great way to spend some quality time together. You can chat while you cook and get to know each other better. Plus, it’s a great way to show off your culinary skills. Just make sure you don’t choose something too complicated. You don’t want the date to be a disaster.
These are just a few easy things you can do on a simple first date. So don’t overthink it. Just relax and have fun. After all, that’s what dating is all about.