What is the ICSE Board and its Full Form?
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education(ICSE) was founded in 1958. It is a private national board of school education in India. It was established to administer the examination conducted by Cambridge University. English is the medium for instruction recommended by ICSE.
The board conducts examinations for only the affiliated schools. The regular students from those affiliated schools are allowed to write this examination. Private students are not allowed to write the examinations conducted by ICSE. The ICSE board syllabus is designed as per the recommendations of the New Education Policy 1986. It covers general education.
Subjects In ICSE Board
The ICSE Board offered subjects in three groups
Group 1: Compulsory Subjects
- Civics and Geography
- Indian Language
Group 2: Students can select any two subjects from the following subjects
- Computer Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Commercial Studies
- Technical Drawing
- A Modern Foreign Language
- A Classical Language
Group 3: Students can select any one subject from the following subjects
- Computer Applications
- Commercial Applications
- Economic Applications
- Home Science
- Physical Education
- Performing Arts
- Technical Drawing Applications
ICSE Board Class 10
Class 10 is an important stage for all the students irrespective of State, CBSE or ICSE Board. There is a wide range of competitions among students, and they want to score well in their examinations. In this case, they need to revise their chapters of each subject well during their preparations. Thus, ICSE sample papers for Class 10 will help students fulfil their dreams by providing them with the latest scientific facts. These papers can be the best way to make their learning fun and interesting.
Advantages Of ICSE Board
- The ICSE board syllabus focuses on the child’s holistic development.
- The ICSE syllabus includes art education and emphasis on literature; it helps students tend towards these subjects.
- It provides equal importance to all subjects.
- In the ICSE board, the teaching-learning methodology was more project-based. It helps students to develop their problem-solving skills and learn the subject from the core.
- It provides students with the flexibility of selecting specific subjects of their interest.
- The ICSE students have the edge over in terms of their command of English & Grammar.
- Most of the schools and colleges across the world accept the ICSE board.
- The ICSE syllabus is well-organised and compact.
- The ICSE board affiliated schools are providing good facilities to the students as compared to other schools.
The Salient Features Of The ICSE Curriculum
- The ICSE curriculum was designed as per the recommendations of the New Education policy 1986.
- It was structured to stabilise both academic and extracurricular activities that motivate students to pursue skills of their choice.
- It provides practical knowledge of various concepts.
- It emphasises theme-based learning that identifies students’ skills and motivates them to learn through multiple experiences and projects.
- The ICSE board schools follow a more interactive teaching process by making each child involved in it.
- It strictly emphasises English fluency that makes sure the ICSE students are more articulate in English than others.
- The ICSE board includes art education as a part of its curriculum that enhances visual-spatial skills in students.
- It provides a wide range of subjects to choose from.
- The ICSE syllabus is extensive and focuses on student’s overall development.
The ICSE board provides the best learning environment that stimulates students’ overall development. It gives ample scope for the subjects as well as languages.