Online applications for 856 vacancies for the posts of Senior Manager, Manager, Information Technology Officer, Clerk-cum-Data Entry Operator, Steno-typists in The Punjab State Cooperative Bank Limited and various District Central Cooperative Banks in the State of Punjab have been released on the official website of The Punjab State Cooperative Bank Ltd. The last date to fill the online exam forms is 4th June. This article consists of the PSCB preparation tips and strategy.
PSCB 2021 Exam
The PSCB 2021 Exam will be a written exam consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions, with a negative marking of 0.25 for each incorrect answer, the durationof which will be 120 minutes.The detailed syllabus for the various post of the PSCB 2021 Exam is given below:
|Senior Manager||Manager||Information Technology Officer||Clerk-cum-Data Entry Operator||Steno-typists|
|Information Technology [IT] & Computer Application||–||–||45||–|
PSCB preparation tips and strategy
We will be discussing the section-wise PSCB preparation tips for the PSCB 2021 Exam.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- Banking
- This section is only for those candidates who are applying for the posts of a senior manager.
- This is an important section as it carries 40 marks.
- The section consists of both banking theory as well as financial mathematics. For the theory section which comprises International banking, Economic analysis, Human resource management, etc., the candidates need to do a thorough study to get their concepts clear.
- For the practical portions like Business Mathematics, Asset-liability management, etc., they need to practice questions regularly to increase their speed and accuracy.
- They can refer to the Banking Awareness book by Arihant Publications for a clear understanding of the basic concepts and also for practicing the numerical questions.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- Computer Applications
- In the Computer Application section, the questions are mostly related to the hardware and software parts of a computer.
- For questions in this section, the candidates need to have a general understanding of the various functionalities of computers.
- They can refer to Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts for a clear understanding of this section.
- The candidates can refer to their books and other study materials available online on various educational websites to practice a lot of questions from this section as it will give an idea of questions that might come in the exam.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- Reasoning Ability
- The questions in the reasoning ability section are majorly from the topics of number series, alphabet series, directions, blood relations, seating arrangement, clocks, coding-decoding, inequalities, etc.
- The questions from the topics of directions and seating arrangement are presented in a twisted manner that makes it difficult to interpret. The candidates should try to visualize the question or make a diagram if needed. This will help them to solve the questions easily and in less time.
- Reasoning ability is a section that needs a lot of regular practice to increase accuracy in solving these questions.
- To start, clear the basic concepts and for a daily practice of the section, the candidates can refer to books like ‘A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning’ by RS Aggarwal.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- Quantitative Aptitude
- In this section, the questions are asked from the topics of Number System, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Average, Simple and Compound Interest, Mensuration, Algebra, Data Interpretation, etc.
- For this section, the candidates need to be good with basic mathematical calculations. For questions related to simplification, the candidates need to apply the BODMAS rule and also be proficient in basic mathematical calculations.
- For data interpretation questions with bars and pie-charts, the candidates need to analyse the question and use the technique of elimination of some options to solve these questions.
- The candidates can refer to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by The Pearson Guide for practice.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- General Awareness
- The questions in this section are mostly asked from the topics of Current affairs, Financial and Economic Awareness, Budget and Five-Year Plans, Economy and Geography, History and culture with special reference to Punjab, etc.
- The candidates need to give a lot of time to this section as it is very vast.
- They need to read daily newspapers, especially local newspapers of Punjab to keep themselves updated.
- They need to prepare the current affairs of at least 6 months to one year.
- The candidates can refer to Manorama Yearly Book by Mammen Mathew for current affairs.
- They can also follow various online educational websites and YouTube channels that provide weekly and monthly current affairs for regular updates. For financial and economic awareness, the candidates can refer to The Economic Times and The Financial Express.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- English
- The English Language section contains questions from the topics of Error correction, Tenses, Sentence rearrangement, Fill in the blanks with modals, articles, and prepositions, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Synonyms, and Antonyms.
- To answer the questions relating to the comprehension part, the candidates need to read the passage attentively, try to understand the basic structure of the passage, and then answer the questions with close reference to the structure of the passage identified.
- For fill in the blanks and error correction, the candidates need to work on their grammar for which they can refer to books like Objective General English by S.P. BakshiorS.C. Gupta’sEnglish Grammar & Composition.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- Punjabi
- In this section, questions are asked from basic Punjabi grammar.
- The candidates need to understand the language and grammar to score well in this section.
- They can refer to the PSEB Punjabi grammar books of Class 8-10 for the preparation of this section.
PSCB Preparation Strategy- Information Technology and Computer Application
- This section is only for the post of Information Technology officer. It consists of the highest marks and hence, they need to focus the most on this section.
- It comprises detailed computer knowledge which comprises Office Applications, RDBMS, DBMS, Networking, Web technologies, Internet Technologies, etc., the candidates need to be thorough with their understanding of the technical section for this section. The best material for studying this section would be the course-books on computers which provide a detailed knowledge of the subject.
Along with the above tips and strategies, some important PSCB preparation tips are to be regular with your studies even though the examination date has not yet been announced and to practice questions regularly, and give mock tests before the exam.